Sunday, October 06, 2013

It's all about cookies

Hello, 

Yesterday I went to my lovely friend Ale for a cup of tea and cookies.
These are the cookies she made for me and Fra, the other friend who was at the tea party:


I can assure they tasted as good as they look in the picture! 
Ale is a very organised and skilled cook so even with her three (yes I said 3!) kids around I'm not surprised she can make cookies and cakes and so on...
Unfortunately for me (and for people around me too) I can't bake. There...I said it!! 
I can cook but I don't like baking even if I love eating cookies and desserts!
So today, with a "I-don't-know-how-to-bake-and-I'm-proud-of-it" expression all over my face I bought a roll of pastry at the supermarket and made some cookies with Thomas. 
By making some cookies I mean I found the cookie shapes and let Thomas cut the pastry... 
Since the pastry was very thin I had the fantastic idea of remodeling it so it would be thicker.
One thing I didn't consider though is that the pastry rises in the oven!!! :O
So when I checked the cookies in the oven..ehrm...this was the result:

Well....they were supposed to be stars, moons, hearts, flowers and boys but they just look like a not-well-shaped blobs of pastry!! D'ho!

I've decided not to get too depressed about it and stay zen...after all it's true what they say, isn't it?


Ohhhhmmmm....Ohhhhmmmmm....
I'll just keep trying to find a way to make perfect cookies with a perfect ready-to-go-in-the-oven pastry!! :)))

Better go hiding the shapes under some icing sugar now!! :D

Baci Baci. xxx
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment